Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Proposal

One problem with my generation is the inability to expand ones mind; everyone just likes what's new and cool, and no one cares to experience what and why certain movies and albums are considered some of the greatest of all time. One thing that I would love to do is appreciate truly great art in the form of film and music, and then share that appreciation with others. The idea of doing what I love, with the purpose of spreading knowledge of entertainment classics to close-minded individuals in my peer group sounds perfect to me. In my opinion, it is magnificently important for everyone to understand what makes art great, and why it is considered to be timeless. The best thing about this is that not only will I be teaching, I will also be watching and listening to the greatest, at a cost of absolutely nothing. With the power of the internet, I'll be able to find practically any movie or album I could possibly want. My timeline for this project is practically random, because every week I will be listening to or watching a new movie or album, with no particular direction. Basically whatever I'm feeling like experiencing will be what I will write about that week. It may sound trite, but I feel like the appreciation of art is one of the most valuable commodities that is diminishing in my generation, and I hope to slow that decline.

No comments:

Post a Comment